See my other blog posts on this:
- Password File in ASM - Oracle release 12c
- Password file maintenance on Clustered ASM and RAC databases
Are there commands created for ASMCMD to maintain the passwordfile for databases.
ASMCMD in Oracle 12c has several new commands to manage password file
- pwcopy Copies a password file to the specified location.
- pwcreate Creates a password file at the specified location.
- pwdelete Deletes a password file at the specified location.
- pwget Returns the location of the password file.
- pwmove Moves the location of the password file.
- pwset Sets the location of the password file.
- lspwusr Lists the users from an Oracle ASM password file.
- orapwusr Adds, drops, or changes an Oracle ASM password user.
These commands can manage the Grid Infrastructure ASM password file or the Database password file.
Specify the type of instance using the parameters:
The --asm option associates the password file with the Oracle ASM instance
that ASMCMD is logged into.
The --dbuniquename string option identifies the database unique name
associated with the password file.
For more information read Oracle 12c ASMCMD Instance Management Commands